Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

QuoVadis (aka Tom) hat es geschafft! Neu, kompatibel mit QuoVadis7 für Microsoft Windows:
Three for the road, unser mobiles Trio, QuoVadis Mobile für iOS, Android und Windows Phone
Unsere Apps für die Smartphone Betriebssysteme, vollwertige standalone Navi und Tracker,
im Datenaustausch kompatibel zu QuoVadis 7.1. Karten können aus QV7.1 für QVM exportiert werden!

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: QuoVadis Supportforum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Samstag, 1. Juli 2006, 22:41

Importing Memory-Map data

Apologies if this question has already been answered; my German isn't good enough to read the replies.

I'd like to import Memory-Map maps into TTQV. They import OK but I have to calibrate them manually. This isn't much fun as I have quite a few to import.

Is there a way to pick up the calibration data automatically?

Memory-Map stores its main data in .qct files, and the metadata in an associated .qed file. I can pick up the .qct files from TTQV, but it can't make sense of the .qed files, which presumably contain the calibration data.

Thanks.
David

Registrierungsdatum: 11. Juli 2004

Sonntag, 2. Juli 2006, 10:50

Hi David

Tom will have to give you a definitive answer but I am pretty sure that TTQV can't do anything with the .qed or .mmi files.

I believe that TTQV can be programmed to auto-calibrate .qct maps, but needs to recognise the file name and have the .cal available within the programme. I assume you are talking about GB rather than the US, NZ or French products. As far as I know, TTQV4 can auto-calibrate the NZ product.

One problem with GB is the number of versions of the same data that Memory-Map publish: In the 2005 50K Version - full GB, half GB (but with a third product, the overlapping central version) and then the the six regional products. That means 10 different .cals for the same data, plus the air photos. The 2004 Version has totally different "sheet lines" and therefore needs different .cals

Which products exactly are you trying to load? There may be someone out there ;-) who can help if you put your e-mail address onto your Profile page. Personal messaging has been de-activated on this site, regardless of what the page says!

Regards,

Bill

Sonntag, 2. Juli 2006, 11:02

Thanks, Bill. I've updated my profile. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the .cal fairy is listening...

The products I'm trying to load include the majority of the 1:25K, 1:50K and Aerial Photo coverage of the UK. So if any .cals are out there I've probably got the data to go with them!

The aerial photos are particularly fiddly to import as you don't even get gridlines. I take it there's no way of automatically munging the .qed files into a worldfile?

consultancy

Admin hc

Registrierungsdatum: 4. August 2002

Sonntag, 2. Juli 2006, 11:49

Which version of memory map is it?

Sonntag, 2. Juli 2006, 19:21

2005, but with 2004 maps which have been upgraded. So the data is 2004, basically.

Registrierungsdatum: 11. Juli 2004

Montag, 3. Juli 2006, 03:29

David

I don't follow your latest post. If you have upgraded from OS2004 to Version 5 the data and the programme must both be version 5. The only thing that remains the same is your MM license - you aren't buying a new one.

In 50K, if the trunk roads are green, you have 2005 data. If they are red, like other A roads, then you do indeed have 2004 data - but in that case, what do you mean by an upgrade? N.B. however, MM V5 will not display data from OS 2004 - I have both versions still so that I can use some old 2004 Explorer data. MM OS2004 will however display v5 OS data. They say it is all to do with OS licensing restrictions.

Regards

Bill

Montag, 3. Juli 2006, 09:53

I'll check and email you some of the filenames of the maps I'm using later, but it is possible to use 2004 maps with mm2005; you can edit the maps with a hex editor and change the "2004" string to "2005", which overcomes the mechanism which normally prevents this!