Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

QuoVadis (aka Tom) hat es geschafft! Neu, kompatibel mit QuoVadis7 für Microsoft Windows:
Three for the road, unser mobiles Trio, QuoVadis Mobile für iOS, Android und Windows Phone
Unsere Apps für die Smartphone Betriebssysteme, vollwertige standalone Navi und Tracker,
im Datenaustausch kompatibel zu QuoVadis 7.1. Karten können aus QV7.1 für QVM exportiert werden!

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: QuoVadis Supportforum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Anonymous

unregistriert

Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2004, 16:14

Detailed maps not working after reinstall (TTQV 2.0)

Hi. I've been using TTQV 2.0 for a few years (I have the 3-CD set for Ontario Canada), during which time I've had to wipe out and reinstall my entire system a number of times (due to hardware upgrades, crashes, etc). After each reinstall of the system I was always able to reinstall and use TTQV with no problems. This time, it's not working quite right.

When it was working properly, I was able to select a name from the GNDB, and X-plorer would prompt me to insert the appropriate CD. That no longer happens... the only choices I have now are "USA", "North America", "The World", and "Canada"... all of which are very high-level detail) maps.

I've spent hours going over the Help, but nothing helps.

Why does it no longer prompt me for the CDs?

jockel

Administrator

Registrierungsdatum: 29. Januar 2002

Beruf: Admin

Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2004, 16:33

Hi,

well you probably answered the question by yourself. TTQV did it many times
before, now it doesn´t. So you have either made a mistake on installation,
on settings, or you applied changes to your PC-environment which are
incompatible to this outdated version of TTQV.
So, what are the differences compared to your previous installation?
- What kind of PC
- What version of Windows do you use
- What ressources does your PC have, memory, diskspace....

TTQV2.0 is that different compared to the latest TTQV3 that I will hardly be
able to provide any tricky fixes, as I simply do not have this TTQV version
any more. I think it would be best to use a more recent version of TTQV.

With more recent versions of TTQV, you simply copy all maps from your
CDs to a folder of your harddrive and import from your harddrive to
TTQV. You will never again have to change CDs and viewing maps is
significantly quicker.
Gruß
Jockel (QV-Admin)

Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

Anonymous

unregistriert

Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2004, 16:42

I figured it out

Hi Jockel.

Trust me, I do understand that it is difficult to support older versions of software. ;-)

I finally did figure this out. I was pretty sure that I needed to "Import Map CD-ROM or Directory", but that option was always greyed-out when I viewing the GNDB. Then I noticed that it was NOT greyed-out when I selected "New Database". I took a gamble at trying that, and it now works as it did before.

Odd... I really don't remember ever doing that before, but I obviously must have.

Thanks for your response.